Sunday, August 24, 2008

thoughts

i think something may have been biting me in my sleep last night. there's a swollen part of my right hand, and a part of my forehead that's weirdly swollen. not really noticeable to anyone but me.

yesterday i was in poughkeepsie with my family and my mom's side of the family at her dad's house. she and her sisters grew up in that house. in a three bedroom house, 4 girls grew up. shudder. plus the basement is permanently wet so the walls are full of mildew and mold. and it hasn't been renovated or redecorated since at least the mid-70's.

THERE'S CARPET IN THE BATHROOM... SHAG CARPET.

it was just weird to be in the house where my mom grew up, i guess. looking through pictures of my aunts when they were awkward teenagers was awesome though.

last night was stressful. i was running from the train to get home, and then running from home to get to show i was teching. all of the stress of the night was blown away by belting out 'closing time' at the end of the night with the stragglers from the show. that was fucking fun. everyone should sing really loud with their friends at least once a week.

fuck 'disaster movie'.

1 comment:

FrequencyDown said...

That was a lot of fun!

Thanks for the awesome techin' and super awesome times, lady!